Wednesday, July 23, 2014

{Steinbach Photographer} 3 little Miracles

For those of you who may follow my personal blog, you know I'm working on becoming accredited in the Newborn Category with the PPOC (Professional Photographers of Canada) and a required image to be submitted for it, is at least one of multiples.  So I started asking around if anyone was having twins this summer … a past neighbour of mine told me about this family (who is another past neighbour) having triplets!  I'll be honest, I hadn't photographer any multiples before this session, but the thought of skipping from one baby to three didn't phase me.  If anything, it just made me even more excited.  Go big or go home right?  It seems to be a bit of a motto around our home.  At least when we're trying to tell ourselves we can do something new! ;)    Anyway, when I contacted the family about photos, Mom was about half way through her pregnancy and they were certainly willing to let me photograph them when they were all home, which ended up being mid-July.

Do you know what the chances of having natural triplets are? I didn't either until until a few weeks ago. I believe it's 1 in 8065.  So, not very likely - and yet, I had the unbelievable experience and pleasure of photographing a natural set of newborn triplets.   It's a dream come true for a newborn photographer, and maybe even a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

I did recruit some help (I do know when I'm in over my head;) and my long time friend Sharon made herself available to snuggle, help feed, position, and safety spot these three sweet ones, so my plan of Mom and Dad relaxing (for the most part) could happen.  It really wasn't a hard sell.  I think she was just as awed as I was to meet the babies and hear about life with THREE newborns and an active preschooler.  Thank you again Sharon!  You are the best!!

Some set ups were easier than others … one took nearly an hour to achieve all 3 babies calm and asleep in, but I could not be happier with the results, and I certainly enjoyed every moment of the session.

I cant thank Tom and Loretta enough (Dad and Mom)!!  I can only imagine the effort is takes to bring 4 kids -3 of them newborns, anywhere (and thanks to Gramma for watching big brother after the family portion of the photos!).  Thank you for allowing me this amazing opportunity, and sharing a small part of your on-going adventure.  I certainly hope to see all four of your kids' sweet faces through my lens again! <3










No comments:

Post a Comment